Are you a ‘half full or half empty kind of person?’
A positive attitude is vital to happiness, joy, and progress in life. A positive state of mind brings you hope and enthusiasm.
It helps you to see good in other people and basically helps you to cope more easily with daily life, whatever it throws at you!
Researchers are finding more and more evidence regarding the benefits of adopting an optimistic outlook and developing positive thought. Positive thinkers appear to be healthier and less stressed and therefore have greater wellbeing.
Having a positive attitude can have many amazing benefits:
- Better stress management coping skills
- The ability to develop an attitude of happiness
- Increased productivity
- The ability to develop better relationships
- Higher energy levels
- Better psychological and physical health
- Motivation to inspire yourself and others
- Achieve more respect and love from people
Adopting a positive mind set doesn’t mean that everything will always run smoothly and there will be no hic ups along the road.
However, it ensures that any setback you might encounter will not stop you or change your state of mind.
Positivity makes it easier to avoid worries and negative thinking, which has to be a good thing.
Okay, so it’s easier said than done sometimes!
If you feel negative thoughts creeping in try these tips:
- Start a gratitude journal
- Avoid spreading gossip
- Practice visualisation (this really does work; I practice this one)
- Avoid negative people (easier said than done!)
- Open yourself up to humour
- Spend time with positive people
- Focus on the good things
- Get outside and be in nature
I hope these tips work for you, or if you have any others please share them in the comments box.
Helen McDonald – Reflexologist
Reflexology in Falmouth Cornwall